Friday, August 28, 2009

A movie for foodies and travel buffs alike!

Go see "Julie and Julia" this weekend! It's delightful. You'll have so much fun, and a renewed admiration for America's first celebrity chef, Julia Child. I enjoyed the flick so much, I went out and bought "My Life in France" by Julia the very next week. What's next? I've asked for "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" for my birthday in September. Julia's got me all revved up to be creative in the kitchen! What's on the menu this weekend? Real Chile Rellenos, starting out the old fashioned way, with fresh chiles. I've made them before, but used whole chiles in a can. This should be interesting. I'll take some pix and let you know how it all turns out!
In the meantime, get your Julia fix by checking out the pbs site on all things Julia:

http://www.pbs.org/juliachild/

No comments: