Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Love Chocolate?



I don't eat a lot of sweets, but if I do, I like them home-made, rich and more often than not, CHOCOLATE! I like to make pies because they are, well, easy as pie. This recipe is an old family favorite. It is written exactly as it was given to me by my mother-in-law more than 20 years ago, who got it from a dear family friend.


Next time you need to bring a delicious dessert to a dinner or want to treat your own family, or are simply craving chocolate, try this. And, don't forget to buy premium vanilla ice cream to go along with it!




Chocolate Pecan Pie


1 9" unbaked pie crust, your own or purchased


2 squares unsweetened chocolate


2 T. butter


3 eggs


1/2 c. sugar


3/4 c. dark corn syrup


3/4 c. pecans (whole or pieces)


Preheat oven to 375 degress.


Melt chocolate with the 2 T. butter, over a double boiler or in a large measuring cup in the microwave. Beat the eggs with the sugar, and mix in the melted chocolate and dark corn syrup. Stir in the pecans and pour the entire mixture into your pie shell.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 - 45 minutes.


Serves 8.


Easy huh? Now you know why the saying is so true...

1 comment:

TG Designs, LLC said...

This looks yummy - I have to try it since Gerald has such a sweet tooth.
Christina